Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Drawing Feathers for a week - Feather I

Feather 1, pencil on handmade cotton artist quality paper, 21.5cm x 15.5cm ©  Candice Herne, 2011

This week I have set myself a little project. To draw one feather a day, for the entire week. I just adore light, whimsy feathers. When I see one on the ground I pick it up and put it my pocket. I have quite a collection. I have them all over the house, sticking out of drift wood and poping out of containers. I think to myself everytime I find a feather, it is a message from the universe. Telling me that it is listening. It reminds me to be thankful for my health, my families health, the blessings of my children and the inspiring, kind and wonderful people in my life. Though it may have just fallen off a bird that just flew by. It's my way of reminding myself that I am fortunate in so many ways. So join me this week as I count my blessing and draw a feather everyday for a week.

No comments: